April 3, 2017
For Immediate Release
WCA HONORS 51 WOMEN AT ANNUAL TRIBUTE TO WOMEN AND INDUSTRY AWARDS LUNCHEON
Boise, ID – The Women’s and Children’s Alliance (WCA) will honor 51 women at its 24th Annual Tribute to Women and Industry (TWIN) Luncheon at noon on Tuesday, April 4, at the Boise Centre.
“These are women who have made outstanding contributions to the Treasure Valley business community,” WCA Executive Director Bea Black said. “It is a great honor to be called a TWIN, and we’re so grateful to be able to recognize 51 new TWINs in this special year.”
Along with honoring the TWIN nominees, Luci McDonald will receive the 2017 Joyce Stein Award for her efforts to make a positive impact on the growth and advancement of women in the Treasure Valley.
This is the 24 year that the WCA has recognized professional women with TWIN awards. The luncheon will honor companies who have consistently supported the WCA as Corporate Pillars and nominated TWIN honorees.
In the last 24 years, 950 women have been named TWINs, and more than 120 businesses and organizations have participated, contributing more than $2.2 million to the WCA’s mission of providing safety, healing and freedom from domestic abuse and sexual assault.
This year’s TWIN honorees are:
- Spring Alexander – Vice President & Compliance Officer, Idaho Independent Bank
- Lindsay Andrysiak – Senior Audit Manager, KPMG, LLP
- Kristin Armstrong Savola – Community Health Manager, St. Luke’s Health System
- Brittany L. Asher – Community Credit Project Analyst, U.S. Bank
- Lori Blattner – Regulatory Analyst, Intermountain Gas Company
- Heather Chambers – Western Idaho Division Manager, Washington Federal
- Kathy Chambers – Agent/Owner, State Farm Kathy Chambers Insurance Agency Nominated by Concrete Construction Supply
- Christine Comstock – Sales Coach Director, CBH Homes Nominated by Women’s Council of Realtors
- Michelle Damon – Director, Production Planning & Inventory Control, J.R. Simplot Company
- Theresa da Silva – Director of Business Resources & Marketing, Sysco Idaho, Inc. Nominated by Boise Weekly
- Virginia “Gigi” Davis – Owner, Bowl of Heaven Nominated by Concrete Construction Supply
- Suzie Dustin – Director, Research & Development – Engineering, HP Inc.
- Jacqueline Fearnside – Associate General Counsel, Saint Alphonsus Health System
- Demi Fisher – Director of Sustainability, Micron Technology, Inc.
- Rita Franklin – Executive Director, Bishop Kelly Foundation Nominated by Two Men and a Truck
- Cece Gassner – Director of Economic Development, Boise State University Nominated by Red Sky
- Stephanie Genova – Director, Human Resources, Office Printing Solutions, HP Inc.
- Heather Hammerstedt, MD MPH – Emergency Medicine Physician, CEP America, Saint Alphonsus Health System
- Heather Harrington – President & CEO, GiveStorm Nominated by NLP Secure/MaxGiving
- Natalie Lemas Hernandez – Chief Operating Officer, Keller Williams Realty Boise/Commercial Northwest Property Management
- Morgan Hoffman – Co-owner, We Love Boise Real Estate Nominated by Christopher Zahn, Zee Christopher
- Dana Lieberman Hofstetter B.S.E., J.D. – Of Counsel Attorney, Hawley Troxell Ennis & Hawley LLP
- Bonnie Hollenbeck – Sr. Director, Homecare/Hospice/Swing Bed Programs, St. Luke’s Health System
- Amy Hunt – Assistant Vice President, Customer Service, Citi
- Donna Johnson – Executive Director, Children’s Free Dental Clinic, Inc. Nominated by Mike Schroeder, Schroeder Creative
- Katherine Jones – Photojournalist &Video Photographer, Idaho Statesman
- Teresa Jorgensen – National & Government Accounts Manager, Fisher’s Technology
- Joy M. Kealey – Managing Member, Chicago Connection, LLC, Nominated by Chandlers Prime Steaks-Fine Seafood
- Debra Leithauser – President & Publisher, Idaho Statesman
- Merri McClung – Accounts Payable Manager, Norco, Inc.
- Heather Meyers – Project Manager, Engineered Structures, Inc.
- Sheila D. Miller, M.Ed. – Teacher & Department Head, Borah High School/Boise School District Nominated by Mai Thai
- Sue Neal – Co-Owner, Snake River Tea Nominated by Boise Weekly
- Diane Norton – Tourism Manager, Idaho Department of Commerce/Tourism Development Nominated by Red Sky
- Jen Odell – Senior Graphic Designer, Damsel in Defense
- Catherine L. Owens – Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Veranda Senior Living Nominated by FitMania
- Jana L. Owens – Senior Director Enterprise Solutions, J.R. Simplot Company
- Tami Paul – Senior Escrow Officer, NexTitle
- Paula Penza – Business Unit Controller, Idaho Power Company
- Anita M. Prescott- – Financial Controller, Givens Pursley LLP
- Holly Rasmussen – Vice President & Sr. Recruiting Manager – Pacific Midwest Region, Wells Fargo Bank
- Rachel Reczek – Assistant Vice President, Collections, Citi
- Nancy Smyth – Associate Vice President & Relationship Manager, Key Private Bank
- Megan Stright – Director, Population Health, St. Luke’s Health System
- Kathleen Sutherland, MD – Pulmonologist, Saint Alphonsus Health System
- Lisa Uhlmann – Corporate Pillars Manager, WCA Nominated by Western Trophy & Engraving
- Lisa L. Walker – Vice President & Commercial Relationship Manager, Bank of the Cascades
- Katrina Wehr – Managing Broker, Keller Williams Realty Boise
- Christine Wilcox – Vice President, Communications & Education, Albertsons Companies
- Tracy Wilde – Public Speaker, Writer, Assistant Buyer for Fancy Pants
- Gina Dawn Wolverton – Senior Counsel, Idaho Power Company
About the WCA
The Women’s & Children’s Alliance provides safety, healing and freedom from domestic abuse and sexual assault. The WCA operates secure shelters and provides professional counseling, legal advocacy, crisis services and case management to survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. For more information, visit www.wcaboise.org.
Back to Blog >>