For Immediate Release
WCA HOLDS 27th ANNUAL TRIBUTE TO WOMEN AND INDUSTRY AWARDS EVENT
The event will be hosted virtually and free of charge, registration required
Boise, ID – The Women’s and Children’s Alliance (WCA) to honor 48 females at its 27th Annual Tribute to Women and Industry (TWIN) event at noon on September 1, 2020. For the first time, the event is being held on a completely virtual platform and is being offered free of charge to anyone who registers in advance.
“These are outstanding female leaders who have all made significant impacts in their communities,” said Bea Black, WCA CEO. “It is an honor to be able to recognize 48 new TWINs this year and by making this a virtual event it is accessible to more people.”
This is the 27th year that the WCA has recognized professional women with TWIN awards. The luncheon, a virtual event this year, also recognized companies who have consistently supported the WCA as Corporate Pillars and nominated TWIN honorees.
In the last 27 years, 1,146 women have been named TWINs, and more than 130 businesses and organizations have participated, contributing almost $2.8 million to the WCA’s mission of providing safety, healing and freedom from domestic abuse and sexual assault.
During the the event, Ada County Prosecutor Jan Bennetts is being honored as serving our community as Ada County prosecuting attorney. Jan is committed to keeping the community safe, giving victims a voice, upholding the highest standards of ethics, integrity, compassion, dignity and hope. She is the advocate for Ada County citizens and crime victims, holding offenders accountable for their harmful actions and supporting victims and their families from the crime scene to the courtroom.
This year’s TWIN honorees are:
● Connie Aschenbrenner – Rate Design Senior Manager, Idaho Power Company
● K9 Bella – Boise Police Department. Nominated by Schroeder Creative
● Sarah Bettwieser – Government Relations Consultant, Cygnet LLC. Nominated by Western Trophy & Engraving
● Angie Castillo – Branch Manager-Nampa Downtown, Washington Federal (WaFd) Bank
● Michaelle Chalmers, CPA – Associate Director, National Audit Solutions, KPMG LLP
● Debbie Courson Smith – Morning Show Co-Host, 94.9 the River/KRVB, Lotus Boise Corp
● Sharon Kee Curtright – Vice President Bedrock Program Office, J.R. Simplot Company
● Laura DeLaney – Co-Owner, Rediscovered Books/Once and Future Books. Nominated by Capitol Copy & Print.
● Criselda DeLaCruz-Valdez, LMSW– Executive Director, Nampa Family Justice Center. Nominated by Corwin Ford
● Lucy Dennis – Vice President Operations, St. Luke’s Health System
● Shannon Mackay Dudley– District Sales Manager, Idaho Sysco
● Melissa Gentry – Chief Executive Officer, Boys & Girls Club of Nampa. Nominated by Corwin Ford
● Dawni Gundersen – Asst. Vice President, Business Control Senior Analyst, Citi
● Kirsten Headrick – Central Support Manager, Norco
● Susan Heneise – Paralegal, Givens Pursley, LLP
● Brandie Holly – Senior Director, Marketing, J.R. Simplot Company
● Andrea Hovey – Quality Program Manager, Engineered Structures, Inc.
● Natasha Li – Software Engineer, HP Inc.
● Christina Lords – Editor, Idaho Statesman
● Karlee May – Events and Programs Manager, Downtown Boise Association. Nominated by Amplified Production Group LLC
● Meghan McInerney, MD – Physician, Saint Alphonsus Health System
● Kara Medrano – Retail Branch Manager, First Interstate Bank
● Bobbi-Jo Meuleman – Director of Intergovernmental Affairs, State of Idaho. Nominated by Red Sky
● Michelle Murray – Owner, Murray’s Chevron. Nominated by Zee Christopher
● Sue Myers – Assistant Vice President and Operations Manager, U.S. Bank
● Kasi Nelson – Regional Manager of Southeastern Idaho, Fisher’s Technology
● Angela Ogle – Firmware Section Manager, HP Inc.
● Sheri Pearson – Director of Business Analysis, Idaho Central Credit Union
● Jordan Pereira – Shelter Director, Interfaith Sanctuary. Nominated by Idaho Press/Boise Weekly
● Boni Peters – Office Manager, Controller, Restaurant Management Services (RMS). Nominated by Chandlers Steakhouse
● Karen Porth, MD – Neurologist, Saint Alphonsus Health System
● Sue Risner – Assistant Vice President, U.S. Bank
● Deborah G. Robertson, MD – Medical Director, St. Luke’s Wood River Emergency Department
● Rebecca Robison – Food Stylist – Prop Stylist. Nominated by North by Northwest Productions
● Stacey M. Roth – Administrator of Student Programs, Boise School District. Nominated by Mai Thai
● Candi Ryals – Asst. Vice President, Credit, Citi
● Madeline Rose Scott – Communications Director, KA Health Services LLC. Nominated by Chad Case Photo & Video
● Michelle Smartt – Branch Manager, Caldwell, KeyBank
● Teresa J. Stanfill – Director of Nursing Practice, Professional Advancement, St. Luke’s Health System
● Gwen Thomson – Attorney, Hawley Troxell
● Diem Thy N. Tran – Vice President, DRAM Process Integration, Micron Technology, Inc
● Nicole Washington – Lieutenant Colonel (LTC), Aviation Logistics Management Officer, Idaho Army National Guard. Nominated by Two Men and a Truck
● Teresa Whitney – Vice President Marketing & Merchandising, Intermountain Division, Albertsons Companies
● Christina Williams – Corporate Manager, Zee Christopher
● Kathy Wold – Energy Efficiency Manager, Intermountain Gas Company
● Angela Wolfkiel – Escrow Administrator, Empire Title & Escrow
● Daniela Wolters – HR Coordinator – Idaho Region, Washington Federal (WaFd) Bank
● Lisa D. Wong – Vice President Business Support Manager, Wholesale Operations Support Services, Business & Risk Initiatives, Wells Fargo
Those interested in viewing the virtual TWIN event at noon on September 1, 2020, can follow this link: https://vimeo.com/445003150/7db8bd16fe
About the WCA
The Women’s & Children’s Alliance provides safety, healing and freedom from domestic abuse and sexual assault. The WCA operates secure shelters and provides professional counseling, legal advocacy, crisis services and case management to survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. For more information, visit www.wcaboise.org.
Back to Blog >>