Self-care is an important aspect of maintaining a healthy mind, body and soul. Taxing work can leave one drained and exhausted. The following are ideas that we all can incorporate in to our lives.
- Lie on your back, relax, and watch the sky – focus on the clouds.
- Engage in mini-meditation – one minute of awareness of your thoughts, feelings and sensations
- One minute of focused attention on breathing; one minute of awareness of your body.
- Unplug for an hour – free yourself from the bings of social media and e-mail.
- Nap – ten to twenty minutes can reduce one’s sleep debt and leave one ready for action.
- Help someone – open a door, pick up a dropped item, smile at a stranger
- Visit Carmel-by-the-Sea – and take your doggie – the ultimate stress reducer.
Back to Blog >>