- Master-level Clinicians provided 2,862 counseling sessions to 295 new adult clients and 145 new child clients.
- Court Advocate staff and volunteers assisted with 849 of the 982 civil protection order applications filed in Ada County Court last year.
- Client Advocates answered 1,867 calls to our two 24-hour hotlines.
- 152 women and children stayed in our shelter, for a total of 9,216 safe bed nights.
- Case Managers held 1,098 sessions and worked with 183 new clients.
- Life Skills.203 individuals attended 46 group sessions to learn more about diverse skills ranging from resume writing to preparing healthy meals.
- Financial Literacy. 274 individuals participated in the Treasure Valley Economic Program (TVEAP) with a graduation rate of 88%.
Ada County Statistics
As reported by the Ada County Sheriff’s Office, Boise Police Department, Garden City Police Department and Meridian Police Department and Ada County Paramedics.
- There were 5,236 911 calls related to domestic abuse, sexual assault and child abuse in 2016 (Ada County Sheriff’s Office, 2017).
- In 2016 there were 3,680 calls for service related to domestic abuse including domestic battery report, domestic violence-physical, domestic violence-threat, and domestic violence-verbal (Ada County Sheriff’s Office, 2017).
- In 2016 Ada County received 1,033 calls for service related to sexual assault including lewd conduct, rape and sexual assault (Ada County Sheriff’s Office, 2017).
- There were 520 calls for service related to child abuse in Ada County in 2016 (Ada County Sheriff’s Office, 2017).
- First Responders from the Ada County Paramedics respond to a battery call at least once every single day; with an average of three or more battery calls involving strangulation each week (Ada County Paramedics, 2016)
- Each day in Idaho more than 593 victims of domestic violence and their children seek safety and services from community-based domestic violence programs (NNEDV, 2016).
- In 2014, there were 10 domestic violence related fatalities in Idaho (Idaho Coalition, 2015).
- In 2014, the Idaho State Police reported 5,665 incidents of violence between spouses, ex-spouses and those in dating relationships (Idaho Coalition, 2015).
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner (CDC, 2011).
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner (CDC, 2011).
- Nearly half of both women and men in the U.S. have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime (CDC, 2011).
- 1 in 3 adolescents in the United States is a victim of physical, sexual, emotional or verbal abuse from a dating partner (Love is Respect).
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before they turn 18 years old (NSVRC).
For More Information Visit:
Ada County Sheriff — 2016 Calls for Service Report
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
The National Domestic Violence Hotline
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Intimate Partner Violence
National Sexual Violence Resource Center
Love Is Respect
Rape Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)