Awareness Event Instructions
Organizing an awareness event at your place of work or within a community group is a great way to participate in Denim Day and we want to provide you all the materials you’ll need!
The purpose of an awareness event is to get individuals talking about the issues of sexual assault and stand up in solidarity with survivors of assault across the country. Awareness events are helpful in encouraging open discussions about how we can all work in our personal and professional lives to reduce violence in our communities.
Steps To Hosting Your Own Awareness Event
- Receive permission from your manager or superior (if not yourself) to host the event. Find a sample email template requesting permission from a manager here.
- Inform your coworkers or peers about the event and the history behind it. Find a sample email template informing colleagues here.
- Provide the talking points & facts sheet to coworkers or peers to help get the conversation started.
- On April 28th wear denim and encourage conversation about the message behind your fashion statement.
- Take photos of your participation and share on social media with the hash tag #DenimDay and tag the WCA or send them directly to us and we will share them on our page! Email any photos to email@example.com
Return to Denim Day Page