Welcome to the “Do One Thing” for October!
Request a DVAM Outreach Kit!
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM)! We have put together outreach kits with our 2021 DVAM posters, shoe cards (in English, Spanish, Swahili, Arabic, and Farsi), purple ribbon pins, brochures, and WCA hand sanitizers, phone wallets and lip balm. Nampa Family Justice Center sent brochures, informational wallet cards and pens that are also included in our kit. Request a DVAM outreach kit today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend a Virtual Educational Presentation:
- Never Your Fault Presentation
Ongoing Outreach Opportunities
- Download our DVAM 2021 Toolkit for our themed posters on domestic violence, postcard designs, social media posts, and more. Help spread awareness about domestic violence and the services that the WCA offers.
- Repost, retweet, and share WCA content online! It’s important that our community knows that they are not alone, that the WCA is open, and are updated as services change.
- Print out posters that can be used to reach those affected by domestic abuse or sexual assault here. These can be hung in bathroom stalls, dorms, anywhere (that you have permission).
- Challenge yourself to give away five shoe cards this month! If you would like shoe cards mailed to you, contact email@example.com.
- We are available to do virtual “Break the Cycle” presentations. These presentations go over red flags, the cycle of violence, and resources. Contact us if there is a group or organization you know of that would benefit!
- “Take-out” outreach kits are available for any event that could use WCA resources. These kits are made so that materials do not need to be returned to the WCA which minimizes contact. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request one!