We are entering a season of change; the sun starts to set a little sooner, the leaves start to change into bursts of red, gold and orange sprinkling our city with bursts of fall. Pumpkin-flavored everything is finally being offered and we are well on our way to crisp mornings and cuddle temperature evenings.
This also means that there are a number of volunteer opportunities ahead at the WCA. As we cautiously approach the future of volunteering at the WCA, we would like to remind all of our wonderful volunteers that we are taking the following steps to ensure a safe and healthy experience for each of you. Some of our guidelines include:
- Wearing a mask when completing each volunteer task.
- Temperature checks are taken at the time of service.
- Physical distancing, when possible.
- Sanitizing all spaces and tools used after the time of service.
- Staying home if you feel sick.
We hope to see you in the upcoming months!
Are you interested in volunteering, or know someone who is interested? Sign up for a Virtual Volunteer Information Session for an introduction to volunteering at the WCA. Our next information session is on October 5th at 5 p.m. There is a limited number of spots available, please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Already a volunteer? Be on the lookout for upcoming emails regarding volunteer opportunities.
Have you registered for SueB?
Anyone can participate and 100% of participant fees go into the WCA endowment providing free services for many years to come. Register here: https://runsignup.com/SueB5K10K
WCA Volunteer & Events Coordinator
- SueB 5k 10k (Virtual) Registration is open!Help us raise awareness about domestic abuse and support survivors by registering yourself or a group for the 12th annual SueB 5k 10k. The race will be virtual and you can participate any day or time between October 3 – October 9. We hope you will join us this year! Sign up here. Virtual
- Volunteer Information Session: Want to be a WCA volunteer? The first step in your journey is to sign up here and learn more about the WCA, our services and volunteer opportunities.
- WCA If These Walls Could Talk Mission Tour*See the new tour* All volunteers must
attend a tour
- Volunteer Opportunities Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual Learning Opportunities
Who was SueB?
The SueB name represents a number of things at the WCA — a strong woman, a time for people to celebrate healthy relationships, a time where our community can get out and race for a cause or a call to action to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
> Read More
Back to School
The click of a new pen, the crinkling cracks of the unopened pages of a new notebook. Tissue boxes, backpacks, new markers… it must be that time of year again… back to school! Back to school has always been one of my most favorite times of the year. There is something so satisfying about doing all the shopping and getting ready for that first day. This year was quite different as I had the privilege to coordinate the 2021 WCA Back to School program.
Back to Blog >>